The Timing Process
At Chip-2-Chip, we want you to have the best, possible race experience. Our process allows us to provide the quality you expect in timing your event. Here’s how we can help you:
The Proposal Process
- Submit your information for a quote using our Bid Request Form.
- We will check our calendars for availability
- If we have any questions, we will contact you via phone or email or both.
- If we are available, we will send you a Proposal via email.
- We are available for questions most of the time; please feel free to call.
- After you agree to the Proposal, you will need to sign the agreement and return it to us via email and mail the original and the deposit check.
- Once we receive your deposit, you are booked!
Online Registration Process
- If you are using GetMeRegistered.com, RSU or pretty much any of the registration sites, you have the option of setting us as your timer and/or giving us admin/timer rights. We will download the participant information directly and assign bib numbers for race day or packet pickup. You must pickup the bibs from us at our designated location..
- If you are using in-house registration, you will need to provide us an Excel spreadsheet or a .csv file.
- You will be responsible for documenting mail-in registrations and adding them to your online registration.
- We can send you a generic excel spreadsheet to enter your participants if you have trouble online.
- We will combine the registrations into a single registration list and and assign the bib numbers.
- We will provide C2C Custom bibs for your race for all Timed Participants.
- Unless early packet pickup is arranged, all Disposable Bibs will be brought on race day.
- If you have ordered customized bibs, we will need to receive those bibs at least four (4) weeks prior to your event date to ensure they are tagged.
Bib Number Assignments
- If you send bibs to us, either Chip-2-Chip or the event can assign bib numbers. This arrangement must be made in advance.
- If the event chooses to assign the bib numbers, it will be responsible for providing an excel spreadsheet with last name, first name, age, gender, birthdate, city, state, division and team if there are teams.
- We will arrive approximately 1.5 - 2 hours prior to the race.
- We will contact the Race Director at the mobile number, confirm the race course and any details necessary to service your event.
- We will provide you with any bib/chips necessary for your race upon arrival.
- We will train your volunteers in the registration process and work with you on the most efficient method for shuttling the data between the registration personnel and our timing personnel. We will accept race-day registrations from the Race Director or Event Staff only.
- We recommend shutting down race day registration 10 minutes prior to the race.
- The race is started by either our team, or yours, whichever is coordinated.
- Scoring of the race begins by our team.
- Our team manually registers the first 10-20 runners crossing the finish line.
- Preliminary results are posted at 30 minutes into the race and then 10 - 15 minute intervals at the designated posting location.
- Scoring continues until an adequate number of finishers are recorded for the respective winners catgories.
- A preliminary awards report is generated and reviewed with the Race Director.
- A final awards report is generated and provided to the Race Director.
- Scoring continues until the final finisher crosses the finish line.
- Results are posted online following the conclusion of the race within 4-6 hours, usually less.
Chip-2-Chip will answer any participant inquiries directly, and make necessary adjustments to results, with Race Director's permission!
Race Directing Services - Some Have Additional Fees
- Online registration management including setup and payment direction (GMR no charge. Must have all race logistics from Race Director.)
- Some assistance in race planning proceedings
- Assistance in promoting race in various calendars, publications and websites (calendars, free)
- Instruction for packet pickup and race day registration
- Supervise race day set-up including registration, packet pickup, if required.
Contact us to discuss any details of your event and how we may be of service.